Morning beauties! I have a little something different for today’s post. We already know playing around with makeup and nail polish is a hobby of mine but one of the others things I really enjoying is cooking. So periodically between my nutrisystem updates I may put up a Foodie Friday post and share some recipes. Valentine’s Day is next week so I thought we could kick things off with a really simple treat to satisfy that sweet tooth. Below is my version of a fruit and cream cheese crescent roll. This recipe is super simple under 30 minutes to make and can be a sweet breakfast treat or a light dessert.
This recipe can be altered based on your preference. To make it a very easy and simple recipe I use Pillsbury crescent rolls for the pastry. You can make the crescent rolls from scratch if you like but since I am not big on baking I don’t bother.
I am a big fan of berries so I opted for strawberries and raspberries for the filling. You can use whatever fruit you like or even try chocolate chips perhaps. Whenever possible I like to use fresh fruit but you can try this with a pie filling or even experiment with marmalade’s and other flavoring additions like orange or almond.
- Chop fruit into small pieces;
- Combine fruit Greek yogurt, regular sugar, and vanilla;
- Spray baking sheet and lay out the crescent rolls;
- Apply approx. 1 tsp of fruit mixture to top of the crescent and roll up;
- Continue until all are filled. Bake for at 350º for 10-12 min.;
- Remove from oven, plate and sift a bit of powdered sugar on top.
Will you be indulging in any sweets this coming Valentine’s Day? I would love to hear what’s on your menu.
Check out what the other Foodie Friday Bloggers are cooking up this week.