My name is Heidi and I blog over at DIY Polish I've been wanting to branch out into more general beauty rather than just nail polish related posts. Mercedes is a good friend of mind and kindly asked me to do a guest post of a makeup look for her. So technically this is my first ever makeup related post, please be gentle!
I put this look together using nothing but drug store brands. So let's get right into it!
The products used are:
- e.l.f.'s Eyelid Primer
- Covergirl Eye Enhancers Quad
- Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner (Trio) for Brown Eyes
- NYC Individual Eyes Palette 941 Smokey Browns
- Covergirl LashBlast Waterproof Mascara
- Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel Creamliner for Brown Eyes
- apply a thin layer of e.l.f. Cosmetics Eyelid Primer in Sheer.
- using a flat eyeshadow brush, apply the gold in the Covergirl quad to the inner 2/3 of the lid.
- with a crease brush, apply the brown in the Covergirl quad to the outer corner of the eye and blend up into the crease.
- using the second color from the top in the NYC palette, the darker brown, and the same crease brush, intensify the outer corner slightly, making sure to blend.
- For an extra pop of color, I used the green color in the Covergirl quad and lightly applied it over the gold in the center of the eyelid.
- Next, use the white shaded in the Covergirl quad on the inner tear duct area and also under the brow as a highlight, make sure to blend it downwards to avoid any harsh lines.
- Using the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner in black, line the upper lid and tight line.
- To intensify the upper lash line a bit, I used the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel Creamliner in black and created a slight wing.
- I then applied the Covergirl LashBlast Mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
- On the bottom waterline, I used the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner in brown.
- For my eyebrows, I used a slanted brow brush and the third shade (lighter brown) in the NYC Palette, with small flicks of the brush, I filled in my brows.
I hope you all enjoy this simple brown smokey eye look and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
Again, thank you so much Mercedes for inviting me to guest blog!